Start Your Green Thumb with a Windowsill Garden
You’ve wanted to get into gardening for quite some time. Maybe you read our article Why Gardening Makes Seniors Happier & Healthier. Maybe your...
How is Medicare Funded?
There are 61 million people in the United States that are enrolled in Medicare and rely on its coverage to afford vital health care. While there...
Extra Help for Medicare Part D
We all need a little help sometimes. There’s no shame in that. This is especially true when it comes to something as important as your health care....
The Truth About Expiration Dates
If you look on almost any item you buy at the grocery store, you’ll find a little date stamped somewhere. Sometimes it’s called Best Before or Sell...
Living with Visual Impairment
Weakening eyesight can be a terrifying and deeply inhibiting loss. Sight is the primary way we make our way through the world, so with it impaired...
Charles Bonnet Syndrome: Diagnosis and Care
You’re taking care of your visually-impaired mother. It’s just the two of you, and you’re fixing up some lunch while she’s watching TV in the other...
5 Ways to Get Dual Citizenship
We recently discussed why you may want to claim dual citizenship if it’s available to you. It’s all well and good to know why it’s worthwhile, but...
The Benefits of Healthy Proteins
For many Americans, proteins are the central focus of our meals. If dinner was a football team, the protein would be the quarterback. In other...
What is Dual Citizenship?
If you were born in the United States, you may have only ever thought of yourself as American. But one of the beautiful things of our country is...
Do Doctors Have to Disclose Conflicts of Interest
When we go to our doctor, we like to trust that the medical advice they’re giving us is what’s best for us in their medical opinion. Conflicts of...
Mood Foods: A Breakfast That Boosts Your Mood
Let’s say you’re feeling a little down today. There’s nothing specifically wrong, but you’ve just woken up and you’re in a bit of a bad mood. It...
Mood Foods 2: More Foods That Boost Your Mood
There are many foods out there that can make you happier just by eating them. Usually, this is because the meal was really, really tasty, but...
How Does Prior Authorization Affect Medicare Coverage?
If you’ve had Medicare coverage for a while, there’s a chance you may have run into something called prior authorization. Prior authorization can...
Mood Foods: Foods That Boost Your Mood
We all feel a little down sometimes. With all the benefits of being happy, though, it’s important that we try to reduce the amount that we feel...
Internet Safety Tips for Seniors
The internet can be a wonderful, informative, and entertaining place. It can’t be all bad — Medicareful Living is there, right? But for all the...
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to Lucerne
- Is Expensive Cookware Worth It?
- The Drug Prices Medicare Can Directly Negotiate
- Does Medicare Ever Cover Cosmetic Surgery?
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to Barcelona
- How Does COBRA Work with Medicare?
- Different Ways Medicare Can Cover Drug Costs
- All About Enrolling in Social Security
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to the Madrid
- Does Medicare Cover Open-Heart Surgery?
- Exercise Tips for Summer
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to Lisbon
- Hosting a Safe Summer Barbecue
- Senior Summer Barbecue Tips
- Does Medicare Cover Biopsies?
- 5 Foods to Avoid if You Have High Blood Pressure
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to the Finger Lakes
- Does Medicare Cover Endoscopies?
- Ways Seniors Can Recover from a Workout
- Is Chocolate Healthy for You?
- Understanding Adult ADHD
- How Does Medicare Cover Hypertension?
- The Symptoms and Treatment of Parkinson's Disease
- How to Determine What Temperature to Use When Cooking
- Eating Healthy on a Budget
- Keeping Fit on Vacation
- Is Your Tonsillectomy Covered by Medicare?
- Tips for the Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Kitchen First Aid Tips
- What Does FDA-Approved Mean?
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Guide to New York City
- How to Caramelize Onions
- Why Do We Celebrate That? April Fools’ Day
- Medicare and Powers of Attorney
- The Essential Role of Eggs in Cooking
- What are Different Types of Complementary
and Alternative Medicine?
- Tips for Remembering to Take Your Medicine
- What is Medicare Part E?
- Building Your Basic At-Home Senior Gym
- How to Make Stovetop Popcorn
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to New Orleans
- How to Navigate & Read Academic Articles
- Phytonutrients: What Plant Color Says About Nutrition
- How to Prevent or Reduce Inflammation
- Osteoporosis: Risk Factors, Signs, and Treatment
- How to Make Homemade Pretzels
- Researching Your Ancestry and Family Tree
- How Medicare and Social Security Work Together
- What is Nordic Walking?
- Food Questions You've Been Embarrassed to Ask
- How Medicare Changed for 2023 and Beyond
- Tips for Using a Microwave
- How to Clean Your Ears Safely
- Skiing as a Healthy Hobby for Seniors
- 3 More Great Places to Celebrate New Year's Eve
- Why Do We Celebrate That? More New Year's Eve Traditions
- Panettone, the Italian Christmas Dessert
- A Simple Homemade Gingerbread Recipe
- How to Make Christmas Decorating Jollier
- The Science of Winter Weight Gain
- Seasonal Picks: 3 Foods You Should Try This Winter
- 5 Tips to Make Getting Your Christmas Tree Stress-Free
- Show-Stopping Potato Side Dishes for Thanksgiving
- Dishes to Impress Your Friends: Boeuf Bourguignon
- Holiday Travel Tips to Reduce Stress
- Does Medicare Cover Pain Management?
- Is Hunting a Healthy Senior Hobby?
- Ways You Can Get More Politically Involved
- What are Medicare's Lifetime Reserve Days?
- Spooky Spots for Seniors Halloween 2022
- How to Make Soul Cakes for Halloween
- Jack O' Lantern Carving Tips for Halloween
- Easy Ways to Peel a Potato
- 2023 Social Security COLA Largest in Decades
- Exercise Tips for Autumn
- How to Make Candy Apples at Home
- Why are Medicare Insurance Sales Calls Recorded?
- Here's What Medicare Costs in 2023
- CMS Updates Medicare Enrollment Rules for 2023
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to London
- Does Medicare Cover Insomnia Treatment?
- Healthy and Easy Homemade Dog Treats
- The FDA Finalizes Ruling to Increase Access to Hearing Aids
- What the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 Means for Medicare
- Tips to Make Flying and Airports Less Stressful
- CMS Projects Lower 2023 Part D Average Costs
- The 15 Golden Rules of Airplane Etiquette
- How Often Should You Shower?
- What are Medicare Pilot Programs?
- How to Care for Your Cast Iron Cookware
- Confronting a Loved One About Hurtful Behavior
- What Does Creditable Coverage Mean for Medicare?
- Using Za'atar in Your Cooking
- Dealing with Canceled Flights
- Protecting Your Vacation from Flight Disruptions
- Do Pre-Existing Conditions Affect Medicare Coverage?
- Which is Better: A Bath or Shower?
- Are Weight Loss Medications Healthy?
- Healthy Strategies for Anger Management
- The Health Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- The Difference Between Common Cooking Papers and Foils
- What are Medicare I-SNPs?
- Identifying Toxic Relationships in Your Life
- Healthy Ways to Spice Up Your Water
- All About Medicare Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans
- Medicareful Travels: A Senior Guide to All-Inclusive Resorts
- Does Medicare Cover Occupational Therapy?
- Lower 2023 Medicare Part B Premium Could Be on the Way
- Which is Better: Natural or Artificial Sweeteners?
- Tips for Vacationing with Pets
- Is It Better to Work Out Harder or Longer?
- Tips for Traveling with Your Pet
- Are Medicare Part B Giveback Plans Worth It?
- Introducing the Medicareful Living Family Cookbook!
- Medicare Coverage for Treatment of PTSD
- The Causes and Treatments of Nasal Congestion
- Dishes to Impress Your Friends: Spring Rolls
- Medicare Freezes Late Enrollment Penalties for Qualifying Enrollees
- What is a 5-Star Medicare Plan?
- What is PTSD?
- What is Inflammation?
- What You Should Know When Buying Cast Iron Cookware
- Does Medicare Cover STIs?
- The Different Types of Potatoes & When to Use Them
- Does Medicare Cover HIV Screenings and Treatment?
- Gun Safety Rules for Seniors
- 3 Surprising Ways to Feel Better When You're Sad
- Can Your Knee Really Predict the Weather?
- What are Federally Qualified Health Centers?
- Does Medicare Cover Incontinence Treatment?
- The Health Benefits of Cumin
- How to Make Dried Herbs at Home
- The Dangers of Toxic Positivity
- Which is Better: Fresh or Frozen Meat?
- COVID Tests to be Covered by Medicare
- Important Terms and Tips When Reading a Health Article or Study
- Do These 3 Most Common Natural Supplements Actually Work?
- What are State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs?
- The Mental Health Benefits of Exercise
- The Difference of Cooking with Fresh and Dry Herbs
- Dangers of a Cold Home for Seniors
- Measuring Your Health Apart from Weight Loss
- Using Cumin in Your Cooking
- This Year, Focus on Health, Not Weight
- Does Medicare Cover Respite Care?
- Health Benefits of Gift-Giving
- How to Make Homemade Candy Canes
- Why Do We Celebrate That? Classic Christmas Tree Decorations
- 3 Classic Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Cooking for Beginners: Frying Tips
- Why Do We Celebrate That? Hanukkah Traditions
- The Value of Family Recipes
- What Does It Mean to be a Caregiver?
- Here’s What Medicare Costs in 2022
- Can I Prevent Aneurysms or Ruptures?
- How Can I Trust My Insurance Agent Has My Best Interests at Heart?
- Using Chinese Five Spice in Your Cooking
- What You Should Know About the COVID Booster
- Spooky Spots for Seniors Halloween 2021
- What Does MACRA Mean for You?
- Dishes to Impress Your Friends: Homemade Lobster Ravioli
- Reading and Understanding Your Blood Pressure
- How to Be a Snowbird in Retirement (18 Questions to Ask!)
- Learn the Basics of Medicare | Medicare Basics
- Understanding Medicare Part D’s True Out-of-Pocket Limit