CMS Announces 2022 Medicare Advantage and Part D Costs
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) have released estimates for 2022 Medicare Advantage (Part C) and Medicare Part D drug plan...
6 Ways to Boost Lung Health
Lung health has been an important topic lately. I mean, the world essentially shut down due to a respiratory illness. Even after the pandemic ends,...
The Value of Working with an Insurance Agent
Whether the Annual Enrollment Period or Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period is right around the corner or you’re entering a Special...
What is Grief Counseling?
When we lose someone or something we love, it’s rarely easy. At some point, though, it’s important to deal with the loss so that we can continue...
Signs Food Has Started to Spoil
You’re hungry, so you slide into the kitchen to grab something to eat. After looking through your options, you remember that there’s a vegtable,...
Mechanical Hobbies for Seniors
For some people, being good with mechanical skills isn’t so much an ability as it is a mindset. To be able to look at many smaller pieces and put...
Does Medicare Cover Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric surgery is a popular type of weight loss surgery that many turn to when they feel that diet and exercise isn’t enough to help them shed...
Why Siblings are Good for Your Health
For many people, a relationship with a sibling is a special one. Yeah, they annoyed you on long rides in the car (they didn’t need to take up the...
Quick and Easy Recipes for One
Sometimes, dinner doesn’t call for a massive meal to be spread out with multiple steps and large portions. You’re not cooking to impress friends...
Ways Seniors Can Save on Travel
From the Author: The first time my wife and I were in Paris, we were having dinner at Le Comptoir du Relais when the couple at the table next to us...
Does Medicare Cover Obesity Screening and Behavioral Therapy?
Gaining a little weight as we age isn’t uncommon. Many of the factors that can keep us slimmer become more difficult as our metabolism slows, our...
Why Seniors Should Indulge Their Inner Artist
It is our firm belief that everyone has an artistic side. This doesn’t necessarily mean each of us could pull out a canvas and suddenly become...
All About Medicare Waiting Periods
For most of us, the only waiting we have to do when it comes to getting Medicare coverage is waiting until we turn 65, so we’re eligible to enroll....
Historic 2022 COLA Prediction Increases to Largest Since 1980s
Earlier this year, there were rumblings that the 2022 Social Security cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) would be historically large. Specifically,...
Is Magnesium Healthy for You?
Sometimes, while we’re writing articles, we notice some nutrients mentioned over and over again as having qualities that are generally healthy for...
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to Lucerne
- Is Expensive Cookware Worth It?
- The Drug Prices Medicare Can Directly Negotiate
- Does Medicare Ever Cover Cosmetic Surgery?
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to Barcelona
- How Does COBRA Work with Medicare?
- Different Ways Medicare Can Cover Drug Costs
- All About Enrolling in Social Security
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to the Madrid
- Does Medicare Cover Open-Heart Surgery?
- Exercise Tips for Summer
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to Lisbon
- Hosting a Safe Summer Barbecue
- Senior Summer Barbecue Tips
- Does Medicare Cover Biopsies?
- 5 Foods to Avoid if You Have High Blood Pressure
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to the Finger Lakes
- Does Medicare Cover Endoscopies?
- Ways Seniors Can Recover from a Workout
- Is Chocolate Healthy for You?
- Understanding Adult ADHD
- How Does Medicare Cover Hypertension?
- The Symptoms and Treatment of Parkinson's Disease
- How to Determine What Temperature to Use When Cooking
- Eating Healthy on a Budget
- Keeping Fit on Vacation
- Is Your Tonsillectomy Covered by Medicare?
- Tips for the Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Kitchen First Aid Tips
- What Does FDA-Approved Mean?
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Guide to New York City
- How to Caramelize Onions
- Why Do We Celebrate That? April Fools’ Day
- Medicare and Powers of Attorney
- The Essential Role of Eggs in Cooking
- What are Different Types of Complementary
and Alternative Medicine?
- Tips for Remembering to Take Your Medicine
- What is Medicare Part E?
- Building Your Basic At-Home Senior Gym
- How to Make Stovetop Popcorn
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to New Orleans
- How to Navigate & Read Academic Articles
- Phytonutrients: What Plant Color Says About Nutrition
- How to Prevent or Reduce Inflammation
- Osteoporosis: Risk Factors, Signs, and Treatment
- How to Make Homemade Pretzels
- Researching Your Ancestry and Family Tree
- How Medicare and Social Security Work Together
- What is Nordic Walking?
- Food Questions You've Been Embarrassed to Ask
- How Medicare Changed for 2023 and Beyond
- Tips for Using a Microwave
- How to Clean Your Ears Safely
- Skiing as a Healthy Hobby for Seniors
- 3 More Great Places to Celebrate New Year's Eve
- Why Do We Celebrate That? More New Year's Eve Traditions
- Panettone, the Italian Christmas Dessert
- A Simple Homemade Gingerbread Recipe
- How to Make Christmas Decorating Jollier
- The Science of Winter Weight Gain
- Seasonal Picks: 3 Foods You Should Try This Winter
- 5 Tips to Make Getting Your Christmas Tree Stress-Free
- Show-Stopping Potato Side Dishes for Thanksgiving
- Dishes to Impress Your Friends: Boeuf Bourguignon
- Holiday Travel Tips to Reduce Stress
- Does Medicare Cover Pain Management?
- Is Hunting a Healthy Senior Hobby?
- Ways You Can Get More Politically Involved
- What are Medicare's Lifetime Reserve Days?
- Spooky Spots for Seniors Halloween 2022
- How to Make Soul Cakes for Halloween
- Jack O' Lantern Carving Tips for Halloween
- Easy Ways to Peel a Potato
- 2023 Social Security COLA Largest in Decades
- Exercise Tips for Autumn
- How to Make Candy Apples at Home
- Why are Medicare Insurance Sales Calls Recorded?
- Here's What Medicare Costs in 2023
- CMS Updates Medicare Enrollment Rules for 2023
- Medicareful Travel: Senior Trip to London
- Does Medicare Cover Insomnia Treatment?
- Healthy and Easy Homemade Dog Treats
- The FDA Finalizes Ruling to Increase Access to Hearing Aids
- What the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 Means for Medicare
- Tips to Make Flying and Airports Less Stressful
- CMS Projects Lower 2023 Part D Average Costs
- The 15 Golden Rules of Airplane Etiquette
- How Often Should You Shower?
- What are Medicare Pilot Programs?
- How to Care for Your Cast Iron Cookware
- Confronting a Loved One About Hurtful Behavior
- What Does Creditable Coverage Mean for Medicare?
- Using Za'atar in Your Cooking
- Dealing with Canceled Flights
- Protecting Your Vacation from Flight Disruptions
- Do Pre-Existing Conditions Affect Medicare Coverage?
- Which is Better: A Bath or Shower?
- Are Weight Loss Medications Healthy?
- Healthy Strategies for Anger Management
- The Health Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- The Difference Between Common Cooking Papers and Foils
- What are Medicare I-SNPs?
- Identifying Toxic Relationships in Your Life
- Healthy Ways to Spice Up Your Water
- All About Medicare Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans
- Medicareful Travels: A Senior Guide to All-Inclusive Resorts
- Does Medicare Cover Occupational Therapy?
- Lower 2023 Medicare Part B Premium Could Be on the Way
- Which is Better: Natural or Artificial Sweeteners?
- Tips for Vacationing with Pets
- Is It Better to Work Out Harder or Longer?
- Tips for Traveling with Your Pet
- Are Medicare Part B Giveback Plans Worth It?
- Introducing the Medicareful Living Family Cookbook!
- Medicare Coverage for Treatment of PTSD
- The Causes and Treatments of Nasal Congestion
- Dishes to Impress Your Friends: Spring Rolls
- Medicare Freezes Late Enrollment Penalties for Qualifying Enrollees
- What is a 5-Star Medicare Plan?
- What is PTSD?
- What is Inflammation?
- What You Should Know When Buying Cast Iron Cookware
- Does Medicare Cover STIs?
- The Different Types of Potatoes & When to Use Them
- Does Medicare Cover HIV Screenings and Treatment?
- Gun Safety Rules for Seniors
- 3 Surprising Ways to Feel Better When You're Sad
- Can Your Knee Really Predict the Weather?
- What are Federally Qualified Health Centers?
- Does Medicare Cover Incontinence Treatment?
- The Health Benefits of Cumin
- How to Make Dried Herbs at Home
- The Dangers of Toxic Positivity
- Which is Better: Fresh or Frozen Meat?
- COVID Tests to be Covered by Medicare
- Important Terms and Tips When Reading a Health Article or Study
- Do These 3 Most Common Natural Supplements Actually Work?
- What are State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs?
- The Mental Health Benefits of Exercise
- The Difference of Cooking with Fresh and Dry Herbs
- Dangers of a Cold Home for Seniors
- Measuring Your Health Apart from Weight Loss
- Using Cumin in Your Cooking
- This Year, Focus on Health, Not Weight
- Does Medicare Cover Respite Care?
- Health Benefits of Gift-Giving
- How to Make Homemade Candy Canes
- Why Do We Celebrate That? Classic Christmas Tree Decorations
- 3 Classic Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Cooking for Beginners: Frying Tips
- Why Do We Celebrate That? Hanukkah Traditions
- The Value of Family Recipes
- What Does It Mean to be a Caregiver?
- Here’s What Medicare Costs in 2022
- Can I Prevent Aneurysms or Ruptures?
- How Can I Trust My Insurance Agent Has My Best Interests at Heart?
- Using Chinese Five Spice in Your Cooking
- What You Should Know About the COVID Booster
- Spooky Spots for Seniors Halloween 2021
- What Does MACRA Mean for You?
- Dishes to Impress Your Friends: Homemade Lobster Ravioli
- Reading and Understanding Your Blood Pressure
- How to Be a Snowbird in Retirement (18 Questions to Ask!)
- Learn the Basics of Medicare | Medicare Basics
- Understanding Medicare Part D’s True Out-of-Pocket Limit